The purpose of the Offensive Line Stance Drill is to get the linemen accustomed to snap into their stance immediately.
- Linemen are in ready position:
- 2 point stance arms on knees/thighs
- hands build loose fists that touch touch each other
- the back is flat and
- the is head up.
- On coaches call they will snap into their stance
- back flat
- elbows on knees
- hands and neck relaxed
- no weight on heels
- feet pointed straight ahead or slightly in (toes in, heels out)
- taller guys can stagger feet
- (toe to instep relation, foot of down hand back
- down hand in front of same shoulder
- only light weight on hand