The purpose of the Quarterback Globetrottering Drills is to develop and improve the quarterbacks sense of touch for the football.
Starting postion: Quarterback holds football in front of body with two hands
First the Quarterback lets the football go around his waist:
- Right hand brings football to his back
- passes the football there to his left hand
- which brings it back in front of the quarterback
- and hands it over to the right again.
Then the Quarterback lets the football run eights around his legs:
- Right hand brings football back between his legs
- Left hand comes from behind and takes football
- then the left hand moves the football around the quarterbacks left leg
- and reaches it back through the legs to the right hand
Let Quarterback change directions frequently
Increase speed as quarterback gets better
- Stress quickness and ballcontrol.