The purpose of these Defensive Line Three on One Read Drills is to work on and automate the correct reaction to the different blocking schemes of the offense. The 3-on-1 Read Drills work especially on the correct reaction to combination blocks, and also give the defensive line a better understanding about what will happen around them…
Description & Coaching Points
- 3 Offenisive Linemen line up at a given line
- Defensive Lineman lines up in his stance on the man in the middle
- Coach signals blocking scheme to the offensive line.
- On command Center snaps or snap will be simulated and the offensive line runs their “play”/scheme.
- Defensive Lineman reacts according to his rules.
These Defensive Line Three on One Read Drills are contributed by ©2007 Leon Criner (✝️ Nov. 14, 2014), at the time Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator and Jimmy Sims, at the time Assistant Professor of Health & Physical Education / Head Football Coach at Los Angeles Valley College – The Los Angeles Valley College Monarchs played then in the Western States Conference, now in the SCFA, Southern California Football Association.