The purpose of this Defensive Back Machine Gun Drill is to work on and improve good body balance while fighting off blocker and making the tackle.
- Step into first pad, “Jam”
- Shuffle to and jam remaining pads
- Come off last pad with form tackle
- Strike once first time through
- Strike twice second time through
- Hit position, stay square
- Move your feet, don’t lunge
- Don’t overpower pads
- Concentrate on quick hands
- Concentrate on quick feet
- Blocking Sled
This Defensive Back Machine Gun Drill is contributed by ©2007 Leon Criner (✝️ Nov. 14, 2014), at the time Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator and Jimmy Sims, at the time Assistant Professor of Health & Physical Education / Head Football Coach at Los Angeles Valley College – The Los Angeles Valley College Monarchs played then in the Western States Conference, now in the SCFA, Southern California Football Association.