The purpose of this Defensive Back Angle Form Tackling Drill is to teach and work on the Defense Back’s angle tackling technique.
Description and Coaching Points
- Ball carrier breaks at 45 degrees
- Defensive Back takes cutoff angle
- Get head in front of ball carrier
- Keep elbows in
- Run “Up Through” ball carrier
- Wrap arms and grab cloth
- Don’t “recock” keep head up
This Defensive Back Angle Form Tackling Drill is contributed by ©2007 Leon Criner (✝️ Nov. 14, 2014), at the time Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator and Jimmy Sims, at the time Assistant Professor of Health & Physical Education / Head Football Coach at Los Angeles Valley College – The Los Angeles Valley College Monarchs played then in the Western States Conference, now in the SCFA, Southern California Football Association.