Teach Receivers how to react and adjust their routes when the Quarterback has to scramble
- Have a QB (can be the Coach) and a set of receivers line up for the called passplay
- When the Quarterback did his drop he starts sprinting paralell to the LOS, to the left or right (On signal of Coach)
- As soon as the Receivers see the QB scrambling, they break up their original passroute and run the scrambling route according to your scramble rules.
- When QB reaches the Numbers (or on Coaches command), he throws the ball either to one of the receivers or away.
- Drill should be run full speed!
- Make sure, that receivers don’t cheat (i.e. not running full speed until scramble
- Explain Scrambling rules
- QB should never throw to a receiver who didn’t run his scrambling route correctly.