- To practice proper fundamentals and techniques of the stalk block.
- Lay two dummies three yards from each other.
- Mark of the drill area Twenty yards using an existing sideline, the twenty yard line and the goal-line. Cones placed ten yards from and parallel to the sideline on the 20 yard, 15 yard, 5 yard and goal-line set for the boundary of the drill.
- A RB is positioned between the dummies with a DB on the twenty yard line. A WR is placed at the midpoint of the area on the 10 yard. Both offensive players face the goal-line.
- A ball carrier is centered four yards behind the first WR.
- The defensive back is placed on the 5 yard line in front-facing alignment to the WR.
- On QB cadence and ball snap, the WR stalk block their first assignment personnel.
- Only after the RB clears the dummy area does the second pair of players react.
- Make sure appropriate personnel use the proper fundamentals and techniques of running, blocking and tackling.
- Enthusiasm and competition should be encouraged.
- 2 Dummies
This Drill is contributed by ©2007 Mike Emendorfer, Head Coach at University of Wisconsin at Platteville – The Platteville Pioneers are playing in the NCAA III – Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.