The purpose of the running back catch and run drill is
- to develop catch-tuck-turn and run techniques and body control.
- and to work on and improve ball security after a catch.
- Have three defenders with shields downfield in a triangle formation.
- Have the backs run routes, catch – and run through the triangle.
- Backs will break off of top defender in the triangle.
- All three defenders will give a high or low blow delivery with the shields.
- Body control – hips turned upfield through defender after a catch.
- Keep pad level down.
- Ball protection while avoiding tacklers
- Run behind your pads
- Shields (3)