The purpose of this running back pass protection drills is to develop pass blocking skills of the running backs in the five and seven step dropback game.
- Align running backs in a two point stance in a split back position.
- Linebacker will align in an outside rush position.
- The first linebacker will rush the QB on the whistle command, on the second whistle the running back will get in position for the second rusher.
- Each player will engage two separate defenders
- Blocker should meet LB on his path to the QB as close to the LOS as possible.
- Blocker should always stay in a balanced position
- Create awareness of the pocket area.
- Create good hand-eye coordination in pass protection.
- Line strip