The purpose of the Running Back Strip Drill is to
- develop awareness of ball security during violent running.
- Improve secure hand off technique.
- Form 2 lines of players facing each other 1 yard apart.
- QB will hand the ball off to the runner who will run between the 2 lines.
- The runner will align at a depth and area he normally runs from.
- The players in the two lines will try to strip the ball from the runner.
The runner will explode through the lines and sprint 10 yards past the last defender.
- Correct hand off pocket
- Proper ball carrying in traffic
- Body balance.
- Fighting through tackles
- Keep legs pumping
- Low center of gravity
- Run behind your pads
- 12th man players form 2 lines