The purpose of the Quarterback Wave Drill is to teach and improve the pocket movement of the QB on dropback passes.
- QB takes drop according to route called.
- Coach uses directional point to move QB side to side or up in pocket to avoid rush before throwing.
- Can also add rushers
- or coach simulate rush with a hand shield.
- Emphasize moving comfortably and with ease in pocket, with eyes focused downfield.
- Keep feet underneath you
- You must see and concentrate on receivers and ‘feel’ pass rush.
- hand shield for coach
Coach Fred P. Mariani took the head coaching job at Iona College as the first full time head coach in the 33-year history of the Iona College Gaels football program (NCAA I-AA) in 1998. – After the 2008 Season Iona College discontinued the Football program.
From 2008 through the end of the 2018 season Fred P. Mariani was the Director of Football Recruiting Operations at Rutgers.