- To develop quickness
- and change of direction to the Linebackers,
- keeping good Linebacker position –
- never crossing feet.
- Set up 5 stand up dummys in a line about 3 yards apart. (closer: works more on the hips, farther apart works more on the shuffle) and a cone about 5 yards from the last dummy.
- The player lines up at the first dummy in a good Linebacker stance, facing the coach.
- On signal the Linebacker shuffles through the dummies, popping the hips as quickly as possible and continues shuffling, maintaining a good leverage position throughout the drill.
- After the last dummie turn to sprint past the cone.
- This is a shuffle – quick hip drill
- Linebacker should never cross his feet
- Maintain leverage with shoulders down – eyes up
- Stay tight with dummies
- Sprinting all the way through the cone
- 5 Stand up dummies