The purpose of this Offense vs Defense “Superbowl” Drill is to bring in some competition and to start scrimmaging with small groups.
- mark a playing field about 7 by 15 yards.
- build teams of 4
Offense: 3 Linemen, 1 RB
Defense: 2 or 3 Linemen, and 2 or 1 LB
- each team gets 3 drives of 4 tries to score.
- if a team looses twice it’s out, round robin.
- Make sure you call and penalize all penalties.
- Assistant coaches should critique only individual mistakes but also point out things done well. But not while the team is competing.