The purpose of this Team Offense Uncovered Receiver Drill is to teach Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers to recognize when they are uncovered due to a defensive (mis-)alignment and to exploit it with the automatic pass.
- Align offensive formation to be worked on at line.
- Back up offensive players play defense:
WRs- Play corners
Slots- play outside backers
R-Backs- Play middle linebacker
QB- Play S/Sand F/S
- Defense align with coach signaling one defender out of correct position
- QB and WR make the read of defense alignment and execute uncovered release and automatic pass
- Receivers must release with outside angel steps for two steps. ‘Show Numbers‘.
- QB can call color or number to alert receivers. He recognizes the uncovered situation, call also can be made by receiver.
- Receivers not uncovered release; be prepared to block.
- Each QB needs a football
This Team Offense Uncovered Receiver Drill is contributed by ©2007 Mike Emendorfer, Head Coach at University of Wisconsin at Platteville – The Platteville Pioneers are playing in the NCAA III – Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.