The purpose of this Defensive Secondary Skelly into Boundary Drill is to work on and improve the different coverages vs different pass patterns when ball is at a hash and offense come out in a trips formation on the boundary side. Also helps to give the Cornerbacks and Safeties a better understanding how the covering players have to work together and to build trust into the other zones and cover players.
Description and Coaching Points
- Coach signals routes to trips receivers
- Receivers run routes and 1/2 of secondary plus free safety covers
- Coach then signals other receiver his route
- Receiver runs his route and secondary/cornerback covers
- Must check to Cover 3 vs trips into the boundary
This Defensive Secondary Skelly into BoundaryDrill is contributed by ©2007 Leon Criner (✝️ Nov. 14, 2014), at the time Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator and Jimmy Sims, at the time Assistant Professor of Health & Physical Education / Head Football Coach at Los Angeles Valley College – The Los Angeles Valley College Monarchs played then in the Western States Conference, now in the SCFA, Southern California Football Association.