As much as it is essential that players of every position practice their skills in detailed position-specific drills, in the end they are playing together on the field and therefore also have to function as a team … so you also have to practice not only the single units by themselves but also together, just like with a machine it is not only important that the single parts function perfectly but also that these parts function together… a wheel, as perfect as it might be, won’t improve the machine if it doesn’t fit into it and can’t work together with the other parts of the machine…
- Perfect Play Drill
- The Team Defense Perfect Play Drill teaches all Defensive Players to take correct pursuit angle on sweep plays and gets the whole team working together.
- Skelly Drill
- The Defensive Secondary Skelly Drill is to work on and improve the different coverages vs different pass patterns
- Skelly from Hash Drill
- The Defensive Secondary Skelly From Hash Drill works on the different coverages vs different pass patterns when ball is at a hash vs offense trips.
- Skelly into Boundary Drill
- The Skelly into Boundary Drill works on the different coverages vs different pass patterns when ball is at a hash vs trips formation on the boundary side.
- Intercept and Return Team Drill
- The Defensive Secondary Intercept and Return Team Drill teaches and works on switching from coverage to blocking for the ballcarrier.